Saturday, August 1, 2009

Kyleigh's bedding is on it's way!!

We did it, we won the bid on ebay! I had been looking at baby bedding for a few weeks now. I have fallen in love with this set I found online:)-(see post below for picture.) When I showed Kyle the bedding, he liked it but he did not like the price, nor did I! I tried to find a way to rationalize the purchase... well it is a 9 piece set? is it really worth 200-400 dollars? The obvious answer is heck no! But I tried to rationalize it... I remembered a friend saying she got her baby bedding on ebay not too long ago- come to find out, she got the exact same set, and loves it! This made me want it even more because I know someone that has it and loves it! We found a site on ebay that sells the bedding brand new! I'm happy to say that we got the 9 piece set- bumper, fitted sheet, blanket, bed skirt, 2 valances, throw pillow, toy bag, and diaper stacker less than 100 bucks! (Yes, that includes the 20 dollar shipping fees!) I may have to splurge and get the hamper and lamp shade, but it's just sooo cute! I can't wait for it to arrive on our door step!! Hopefully this time next weekend I'll be painting the rest of our baby girls room!
Next big purchase, baby furniture... We found a set we really liked at Posh Mommy and Baby too- a boutique off 72.... but we really just couldn't fathom putting that much money into a baby bed and changing table We decided to continue looking. Last week Kyleigh Rae got her first piece of mail from her grandpa in Kansas City, he sent us a few magazine pages with baby bedding, and go figure, it was the exact set we had picked out at Posh Mommy- but half the price! We're still debating but I'm totally sold on it! Yes, it is a little bit more than your basic crib and changing table that you would find at Target- BUT this crib converts to a day bed, toddler bed, and even a twin size bed. When it converts you can't even tell it was once a crib! It's very modern and I LOVE IT!! I think the initial investment will be worth it in the long run!

2 comments:

  1. I love the bedding!!! I will have to check out that site you are talking about that sells new bedding for baby # 2 (which will be quite a ways away)...but I am just saying for future reference ;)

    Trey and I got our crib and dresser (which we just put a changing pad on top of) at Posh Mommy. We got the furniture that does not look too babyish and it will be Cooper's furniture for good! It converts to toddler bed and then into a full size bed when he is old enough. Their brands there are really good if you do decide to put the money into it. It is expensive initially though so I know it is not for everyone.

    Good luck finding what you are looking for. The great thing is there is something in EVERY price range ;) You have lots of choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats guys! (I went to high school/church with Kyle) We bought Kace's bedroom furniture at Babies R Us. After many coupons and getting a line of credit, we paid a lot less than I thought. It's a convertible bed too with hopes to use it for all our kids and the last one will keep it to use as they grow up. I'm all about making a dollar go a little further.

    ReplyDelete