Tuesday, July 28, 2009

IT"S A GIRL!

It's been a whirlwind of a week. I hate that I am just now posting our exciting news! Kyle and I went to the doctor last Wednesday, July 22nd for an ultrasound to determine the sex of our baby. Ever since we had our ultrasound at 12 weeks when they told us they thought it was a girl, I just knew deep down that we were going to have a baby girl. Kyle on the other hand has been holding out for a boy. On Tuesday, the day before our ultrasound I asked him what his gut feeling was, He quietly replied, "I think it's a GIRL." Our gut feeling was right, IT'S A GIRL! Kylie/Kyleigh was sleeping during our ultrasound. At one point the tech tried to wake her up and she would streach her precious little arms like she just wasn't ready to get up and play! It was so precious! We were able to see Kylie/Kyleigh's stomach, bladder, spine, all 4 chambers of the heart, her fingers and toes, and her facial features. Everything looked great!

It just so happens that I had been working late last week, and Kyle made it home before me. When I got home Kyle had gotten the cutest little outfit for our baby girl. Not only did he get her a dress, but little socks to match. Kyle loves Puma shoes, and the socks are made to look like puma shoes. I have to say, I think it's pretty cute! I think she has her daddy wrapped around her finger already:)
Kyle and I have decided to name our precious little girl, Kylie/Kyleigh Rae Kuepker (We can't agree on the spelling of her first name, but I am sure it will come with time.) We are naming her after her daddy, and her maternal great grandfather, Ray Etheridge. She is being named after two amazing men whom I love and admire very much. I can't wait for her to learn more about the men she is named after.
We are now at the beginning of week 19. I went yesterday for a check-up with the doctor. The nurse was checking to find her heartbeat and Kylie/Kyleigh kept moving every time the nurse would find it. It was so cute! The nurse had a grin on her face the whole time and laughed about Kylie/Kyleigh playing hide and seek with her!:) We were able to get a good heartbeat 2 different times- at one momment it was 153 bmp, then when she finally settled down it was 143 bmp. Both great numbers. My belly has grown 2 inches since last month. We are now measuring 20 inches! I can't believe we are almost half way!

1 comment: